About Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga
- The Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple is an ancient, historical Hindu temple located in Nasik district, Maharashtra. It is dedicated to the god Trimbakeshwar (the supreme deity, Lord Shiva). One of the earlier features of Trimbakeshwar temple is the presence of Thee Lingams, which represent Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh (distinguishable form of Lord Shiva). The construction of Trimbakeshwar temple for Shiva is very different from the rest of 11 other Jyotirlingas.
- Inside the temple complex there are images of several Deities such as Gangadevi, Jaleshwar, Rameshwar, Gautameshwar, Parashurama, and Lakshmi Narayana.
- Shri Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in Trinetra, which honours Lord Shiva, as the three symbols of Lords Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. The amazing features of Jyotirlinga located here The Jyotirlinga located here is a linga in a temple.
- Shri Trimbakeshwar temple is located approximately 28 kms away from Nashik city, close to a hill called Brahamagiri, which is where the River Godavari flows.
History of Trimbakeshwar Temple
- The Trimbakeshwar Temple is an ancient shrine; however, the present-day structure is the result of the rebuilding work undertaken by the Peshwa Balaji Bajirao in mid-18th century. The work to build the present temple of Lord Trimbakeshwar was started by Srimant Balaji Bajirao, alias Nanasahib Peshawe, in the first half of Margashirsha month (around December) 1755, and was completed by 1786. The temples location is highly unique and is surrounded by pristine natural surroundings, since the Trimbakeshwar temple is situated amongst three mountains, namely, Brahmagiri, Nilagiri, and Kalagiri, as well as close to the source of sacred River Godavari, which is 3000 feet tall. Trimbakeshwar jyotirlinga is covered with crown made from diamond, emeralds and a variety of precious stones.
Devotees of Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga
- Another characteristic of Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple is the performance of the Trikal Pooja at the jyotirlinga, which according to the local knowledge has been going on for over 350 years, and this is the only temple of 12 Jyotirlingas. At the Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga, Lord Shiva devotees come from all corners of India to visit the Trimbakeshwar temple. The Trimbakeshwar temple houses one of Indias 12 jyotirlingas, which is given eighth place in their list. The Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga is the only one out of 12 jyotirlingas in India which does not just honour Lord Shiva, but also honors two other deities of the holy trinity, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma.
How to reach Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga
- By Air – If you are going by air then you have to arrive at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. From airport the temple is 200 km. far. You can easily take bus from there.
- By Train – If you are going by train you have to arrive at Igatpuri Railway Station. From station the temple is 49 km. far.
- By Road– Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga can be easily reached by public transports like bus and cabs.