About Dhari Devi Temple
- Dhari Devi Temple Uttarakhand is sacred temple of Dhari Devi is located in the Garhwal district, on the banks of the Alaknanda river.
- The temple is located On the banks of the Alaknanda River between Srinagar and Rudraprayag.
- It is about 15 km from Srinagar, Uttarakhand, 20 km from Rudraprayag and 360 km from Delhi.
- The temple is one of 108 shakti sthals in India.
- Currently, Dhari Devi Temple was moved from a 20-meter high cliff to a man-made structure in 2013 and is the center of belief for the Garhwal people.
- The upper part of the Dhari Devi Temple Uttarakhand is dedicated to the idol goddess Dhari Devi, while the lower part is located in Kali Maa, dedicated to her as the incarnation of Kali.
Dhari Devi Mandir Timing and facts:-
6:00 am to 12:00 pm
Nearest Railway Station
Jolly Grant Airport
Dhari Devi Temple Story
- Due to the Srinagar Hydro Power Plant on the Alaknanda River, the Dhari Devi Temple Uttarakhand was moved from its original location. Incidentally, hours after the idol was moved, the region faced one of the worst natural disasters in the country since the 2004 tsunami. Somehow the villagers pulled the idol out of the water and after removing the idol, after a few moments the voice of the goddess ordered them to put the idol in its original place, since then the villagers of Dhari called this place as Dhari Devi. It is believed that Dhari Mata appeared in a dream to a villager and ordered him to take the Dhari Mata idol out of the river and put the idol where it was found and keep it outdoors.
Festival celebrated in Dhari Devi Temple
- In this temple, Chaitra Navratri and Ashwin Navratra are observed and celebrated. On these holidays, the temple is decorated with beautiful flowers and lights. During these grand celebrations, the temple is beautifully decorated and filled with devotees. It hosts the deities of Kedarnath and Madhyamaheshwar during the winter (November-April) when the temples of Kedarnath and Madhyamaheshwar remain closed.
How to Reach Dhari Devi Temple
- By Air – Nearest airpet is Jolly Grant Airport(136km.). From there you can easily reach mandir by bus or taxi.
- By Train – Nearest Railway Station is Rishikesh Railway Station(119km.). From there you can easily reach mandir by bus or taxi.
- By Road – Dhari Devi Temple Uttarakhand is well connected by road. Everyone can easily reach here.