About Kainchi Dham Ashram
- Kainchi Dham Ashram is a beautiful ashram on the Nainital-Almora road offering spiritual relaxation in the lap of nature. Dedicated to Baba Neem Karoli (the saint considered the incarnation of Hanuman), Kainchi Dham is a world famous temple with countless followers from India and around the world. This is famous for Lord Hanuman Temple and Lord Hanuman Ashram at a distance of 20 km from Nainital. It is located at a distance of 9 km. from Bhowali and 17 km. from the town of Nainital.
- The ashram was established in the late 1960s by Neem Karoli Baba’s devotees. Neem Karoli Baba was a highly revered saint and guru who had a profound impact on many people, including Westerners like Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple Inc.
- The name “Kainchi Dham” translates to “scissor ashram” in English, referring to the scissor-like shape of the two hills between which the ashram is situated. The ashram complex includes temples, meditation halls, accommodation facilities, and a charitable hospital.
- The primary attraction for visitors to Kainchi Dham Ashram is the Hanuman temple, which is dedicated to Lord Hanuman, the monkey god. It is believed that Neem Karoli Baba had a vision of Lord Hanuman at this very spot, which led to the establishment of the ashram. The temple is adorned with beautiful artwork and is a serene place for meditation and spiritual practice.
- Devotees and spiritual seekers from all over the world visit Kainchi Dham Ashram to pay their respects, seek guidance, and immerse themselves in the peaceful atmosphere. The ashram also hosts various religious festivals and events throughout the year, attracting a large number of devotees.
- The Kainchi Dham Ashram in Nainital is a place where people can connect with their inner selves, find solace, and experience the teachings and blessings of Neem Karoli Baba.
Kaichi Dham Ashram Timing and facts:-
Neem Karoli Baba
Nainital ( Bhowali )
6:30am – 6:30pm
Nearest Railway Station
Kathgodam railway station
Pantnagar Airport (71 km.)
About Baba Neem Karoli
- The real name of Neem Karoli Baba was Laxminarayan Sharma. He was born in the Akbarpur village of Uttar Pradesh around the year 1900. He was a great devotee of Hanuman ji, he built many temples of Lord Hanuman in the country. He also built a Hanuman temple in Nainital. He was died in Vrindavan on 11 September 1973.
Kainchi Dham Ashram Story/History
- In 1962, Neem Karoli Baba built a platform in Kainchi village around the place where two spiritual masters, Sadhu Premi Baba and Sombari Maharaj, performed yagya. Ashram Kainchi Dham, known as Enlightened Spirit, is located on the corner of Nainital district, just 23 kilometers from Nainital along Bhowali-Almora Road.
Why Kainchi Dham Ashram is famous?
- Baba Neem Karauli, who established this Dham, is considered to be an incarnation of Lord Hanuman. It is said that if any person takes a wish here, he does not return empty handed. Baba’s Samadhi Sthal is also here. Talking about foreign devotees, American people come here the most.
- Near the temple in the Dham complex itself there is a cave where Baba Neem Karoli spent time in meditation, and the Dham complex itself, so this cave is considered sacred. The temple is a sacred place between the banks of the river and the hills. Its spiritual founder arrived in the hills of northern India from a neighboring state and lived for some time in a cave – a place preserved in an ashram and lit by candles – before the first temple was built in 1964. The ashram takes on a name and its position forms a scissors shape (kainchi in Hindi) as the two hills between which the ashram is located intersect.
Miracle of Baba Neem Karoli
- Facebook’s founder Mark Zuckerberg came to Kainchi Dham in 2008 when his company was going through a difficult time. Now Facebook is one of the biggest social media platform in the world.
- The person who recommended Mark Zuckerberg to visit Kainchi Dham was Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple, who once visited the temple in 1974. Kainchi Ashram is believed to be where he created his Apple vision. Now his company is one of the leading company of the world.
Best time to visit Kainchi Dham
- You can visit the place during anytime of the year however, if you want to stay inside Kanchi Maharaj-ji’s ashram, you have to write a letter to the manager.
How to Reach Kainchi Dham Ashram
- By Air – If you are going by air then you have to arrive at Pantnagar Airport which is 71 km. far from the ashram. From there you can easily go to ashram by bus or hiring cab or taxi.
- By Train – Nearest Railway Station is Kathgodam railway station which is 45 km. far from the ashram. From station you can easily opt bus, cab or taxi for ashram.
- By Road – Kainchi Dham Ashram is well connected by road. So everyone can easliy reach there by road.