About Chandi Devi Temple
- Chandi Devi Temple Haridwar is a Hindu temple dedicated to Chandi Devi in the holy city of Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India.
- It is one of the Hindu pilgrimage centers of the Panch Tirth to the ancient city of Haridwar.
- The Temple of Mansa Devi and Chandi Devi is located exactly on the other side of the hill on Bilva Parvat, on the opposite bank of the Ganges River. Ganga Lahiri is located next to the Samanvai Ashram on the banks of the Ganges River.
- There are several temples of Goddess Chandi Devi and Chandi Devi Temple in India, the ancient city of Haridwar is considered one of the Siddha Pithas, along with Mansa Devi Temple.
- Thousands of devotees flock to Chandi Devi temples, especially during the Chandi Chaudas and Navaratra and Kumbh Mela festivals in Haridwar, to receive the blessings of the goddess who is thought to grant their wishes.
About Maa Chandi Devi
- The goddess Chamunda, the destroyer of her warriors Chanda and Munda, was born from the wrath of the goddess Chandis. Devi Chamunda, born from the flames of Devi Chandika’s anger, destroyed her generals.
Chandi Devi Temple Haridwar History
- In an agitated state, the ruling goddess Chandi Devi is said to have rested briefly on the summit of Neel Parvat and later a temple was built in her honor. It is believed that the main deity of the temple was founded by the saint Adi Shankarchaya in the 8th century. It is believed that Adi Shankaracharya founded the temple in the 8th century.
- The Chandi Devi temple has a great importance in Indian culture compared to other sacred shrines in Haridwar. King Suchat Singh of Kashmir built the Chandi Devi Temple in 1929 at the height of the Neel Parvat.
Festival Celebrated at Chandi Devi Temple
- Chandi Chaudas and Navaratra are the two main festivals celebrated here, while the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar is the main event when people flock to the temples. Thousands of devotees come to Neel Parvat during holidays such as Chandi Chaudas and Navaratra and Kumbh Mela in Haridwar.
How to reach Chandi Devi Temple Haridwar
- Haridwar Railway Station is just 600 meters from Mansa Devi and is only a 3-minute drive away. With this cable car you can enjoy a panoramic view of the holy city of Haridwar. If you want to get to the Chandi Devi Temple Haridwar quickly to worship Chandi Devi, you can take an automatic bus or a private car at the cost of Rs. View Answer If you are traveling by any public transport, you can get to the temple by renting an auto rickshaw and drive to Chandi Ghat base camp. To get to the Nileshwar temple, you need to walk 3 km from Chandighat or use the newly introduced cable car.