About Delhi Akshardham Temple
- Delhi Akshardham Temple of Swami Narayan is the largest Hindu temple in the world. The Akshardham temple in New Delhi has beautiful sculptures by thousands of artists, but unfortunately photography is not allowed here. It is built according to ancient Hindu architectural principles in pink sandstone and marble without the use of steel or concrete.
- This main temple, called Akshardham Mandir, is 141 feet high, 316 feet wide and 356 feet long. Akshardham stands on 7 carved columns, 210 solid stone beams, 57 window bars, M-shaped domes, eight ornate zarokhas and so on. Akshardham is also home to the Akshardham Center for Applied Research in Social Harmony (AARSH), a futuristic research facility with a rich library, learning stations and archives.
- More than 1 lakh visitors from around the world pay their homage at this temple every week. Since there are several hotels in Delhi in the temple’s proximity, travelers do not have to worry about their stay while visiting.
- Delhi Akshardham Temple is also listed in Guinness Book of Records as the largest Hindu temple in the world.
Where is Akshardham Temple?
This Hindu temple in Delhi is located at Noida Mor in Pandav Nagar. This spiritual-cultural campus is closely connected to the Noida border.
Nearest Metro Station to Akshardham Temple
The nearest metro station to Akshardham Temple is Akshardham metro station which is at walking distance from the temple. Mayur Vihar Phase-1 and Laxmi Nagar are the other metro stations that are in close proximity to the temple. Once you exit the station, you can hire a taxi, auto-rickshaw or any other mode of public transportation to reach the temple for your visit.
Akshardham Temple Timings
The Akshardham temple timings are 10:00 am to 8:00 pm on all days except Monday. The temple is closed on Mondays. The entry to the temple closes at 6:30 pm. The aarti timings for Askhardham Temple are 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. The timings to purchase exhibition tickets are 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Akshardham Temple Ticket Price
Entry to the temple is free, there is no ticket required to enter the temple. However, a ticket has to be purchased to witness the exhibition show at the Akshardham temple. The ticket prices for the exhibition are: ₹250 for adults (12 years and above); ₹200 for senior citizens (60 years and above); ₹150 for children (4 to 11 years); free for children below 4 years.
History of Akshardham Temple
- Akshardham temple was built by Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha(BAPS). Construction of the Akshardham temple was started in 1998 and the architecture is entirely based on the Pancharatra Shastra, an ancient Hindu scripture about gods and stone carvings. The inspiration for the most beautiful temple in India came from Angkor Wat, Jagannath Puri, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar temple in Orissa and so on. Over 7,000 carvers used 6,000 tons of pink
sandstone to build the temple, and it took over seven years to complete. project. Building such a magnificent Hindu temple thousands of miles from India was a multifaceted process from Europe to India to America. The construction of this temple was a complex, large and tedious process that could not have been started and completed without the joint dedication and service of volunteers from the Hindu community in India.
Some interesting facts about Delhi Akshardham Temple
- The Akshardham Temple in Delhi is a celebration of classical Hindu architectural styles that were prevalent in various parts of India in ancient and medieval times. Akshardham Temple, or Swaminarayan Akshardham Complex, in Delhi, Swaminarayan Akshardham Complex Delhi is a typical Hindu temple that embodies Indian culture, architecture and spirituality. Swaminarayan Akshardham Delhi is not just a temple; The Swaminarayan Akshardham complex is also a cultural and spiritual campus where various activities and exhibitions are organized related to the Hindu religion and harmony.
- There is also Yagnpurush Kund in Akshardham temple, which is also called Shabe Bada Kund of the world. 108 small shrines and 2870 steps have been built in this pool made in the shape of lotus. It is said that the shape of this pool is perfect according to the geometry. And this kund shows the greatness of the great mathematicians of Indian history.
- The main building of Delhi Akshardham Temple is surrounded by a lake called Narayan Sarovar, in which about 151 huge lakes and rivers of the country are filled with water. 108 Gaumukhs are also built near the lake and it is believed that these 108 Gaumukhs represent 108 Hindu Gods.