Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey to explore the enchanting surroundings of Hanuman Dham Ramnagar? Nestled amidst the scenic beauty of Ramnagar in Uttarakhand, Hanuman Dham is a renowned pilgrimage site that attracts devotees from far and wide. But did you know that there are several captivating places to visit near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar that will leave you in awe? In this article, we will take you on a virtual tour of 10 breathtaking destinations that you must explore during your visit to this spiritual haven. So, let’s dive in and discover the hidden gems that lie just a stone’s throw away from Hanuman Dham Ramnagar.
Top 10 Places to Visit Near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar
1. Jim Corbett National Park:- Get ready to immerse yourself in the wilderness of Jim Corbett National Park, which is situated in close proximity to Hanuman Dham Ramnagar. Named after the renowned conservationist Jim Corbett, this national park is a haven for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. It is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including the majestic Bengal tigers. Embark on an exciting jeep safari or go bird watching to witness the beauty of this national park firsthand.
2. Garjia Devi Temple:- Perched atop a rock in the midst of the Kosi River, Garjia Devi Temple is a revered pilgrimage site located near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar. This temple is dedicated to Goddess Parvati and is visited by thousands of devotees every year. As you climb the stairs leading to the temple, the soothing sound of the flowing river and the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape will leave you spellbound.
3. Kosi River:- Flowing through the heart of Ramnagar, the Kosi River is a sight to behold. Surrounded by lush greenery and picturesque landscapes, the river offers a serene ambiance that is perfect for a leisurely picnic or a peaceful stroll along its banks. Take a boat ride on the calm waters of the Kosi River and immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature.
4. Corbett Waterfall:- Situated amidst dense forests, Corbett Waterfall is a mesmerizing cascade that will leave you in awe of its natural beauty. Located just a short distance from Hanuman Dham Ramnagar, this picturesque waterfall is an ideal spot to unwind and rejuvenate. The gushing sound of the water, coupled with the lush green surroundings, creates a serene atmosphere that is perfect for nature lovers.
5. Dhangarhi Museum:- Delve into the rich history and cultural heritage of the region by visiting the Dhangarhi Museum, located near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar. This museum showcases a fascinating collection of artifacts and exhibits related to the wildlife, geography, and tribal culture of the area. Explore the various sections of the museum and get a glimpse into the captivating past of Ramnagar.
6. Sitabani Forest Reserve:- If you’re a nature enthusiast, a visit to the Sitabani Forest Reserve is a must during your trip to Hanuman Dham Ramnagar. This dense forest is believed to be the place where Goddess Sita took shelter during her exile. With its diverse wildlife, including elephants, leopards, and various bird species, the Sitabani Forest Reserve offers a unique opportunity to connect with nature and indulge in bird watching and wildlife photography.
7. Mohan Range:- Located within the boundaries of Jim Corbett National Park, the Mohan Range is a lesser-known gem near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar. This area is known for its dense forests and abundant wildlife, making it a paradise for nature enthusiasts and wildlife photographers. Embark on an exhilarating jungle safari and keep your eyes peeled for sightings of majestic animals like elephants, deer, and various species of birds. The Mohan Range offers a truly immersive experience in the lap of nature.
8. Kalagarh Dam:- For those seeking a serene and scenic retreat near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar, the Kalagarh Dam is a must-visit destination. Located on the Ramganga River, this dam offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and the tranquil waters of the reservoir. Spend a peaceful day picnicking by the dam or enjoy a boat ride to explore the vast expanse of the reservoir. The Kalagarh Dam is a perfect spot to unwind and soak in the beauty of nature.
9. Dhikala Zone:- Experience the true essence of wildlife at the Dhikala Zone, which is a prominent part of the Jim Corbett National Park. This zone is famous for its dense forests, grasslands, and diverse wildlife. Embark on an adventurous jeep safari or an elephant safari to explore the wilderness and catch glimpses of magnificent creatures like tigers, leopards, elephants, and various species of deer. The Dhikala Zone offers an unforgettable wildlife encounter and a chance to witness nature’s grandeur up close.
10. Kaladhungi:- Step back in time and explore the historical town of Kaladhungi, situated near Hanuman Dham Ramnagar. This quaint town is famous for its association with renowned hunter and conservationist Jim Corbett. Visit the Corbett Museum, housed in the ancestral home of Jim Corbett, and learn about his extraordinary life and efforts in wildlife conservation. Stroll through the picturesque landscapes of Kaladhungi and soak in the charm of this historical town.